- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Additive Manufacturing: an opportunity to fill the gaps in traditional supply chains
2 juli 2020 van 11:00 am tot 12:00 pm
The sudden COVID-19 outbreak caused severe shortages of essential medical equipment all over Europe.
Due to the scale of demand, the conventional suppliers were unable to provide immediate support to the hospitals in need. During this time of emergency, the additive manufacturing industry provided a quick solution to the demand of the healthcare sector.
The CECIMO webinar on “Additive Manufacturing: an opportunity to fill the gaps in traditional supply chains” will focus on the benefits of fast deployment of AM solutions in EU strategical sectors. Our speakers will address the issue of disruption in supply chains caused by the pandemic, while focusing on the opening of new opportunities for the industry, the society, and the environment.
During the crisis, the AM sector has clearly shown that it could support companies by reinforcing their manufacturing process and create a positive impact on all logistics and supply chain activities. For this reason, it is fundamental to invest in the deployment of these new technologies and new solutions that would contribute to building a more resilient industry in Europe.
- Opening/moderator – Mr. Stewart Lane – Corporate Manager at Renishaw and Chairman of the Additive Manufacturing Committee at CECIMO
- Ms. Lorena Ionita, Deputy Head of Unit, Industrial Policy and Innovation – Industrial Strategy and Value Chains, DG Grow, European Commission
- Mr. Fabio Annunziata – Global Head of strategy and business planning, 3D Printing and Digital Manufacturing at HP Inc
- Dr. Bernhard Müller – Spokesman of the Fraunhofer Additive Manufacturing Alliance
- Mr. Vincent Wegener – Managing Director at RAMLAB