- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Design of Marine Infrastructure
19 maart 2020 van 7:00 pm tot 10:00 pm
Design of Marine Infrastructure in Heavy Seismic Areas
Oil and Gas import and export terminals are generally planned at strategic locations, usually selected based on economic and political grounds rather than on the technically most favourable conditions for construction. BAM has designed and built many LNG jetties around the world, including in some of the most seismically active areas such as The Philippines and Papua New Guinee. Using the correct design starting points is crucial for the safe delivery and operation during the full lifetime of the facilities.
From assessing site-specific seismic hazards to evaluating the seismically-induced demands on structures, Fugro is world market leader in providing seismic services needed for a reliable the design. Together Fugro and BAM will highlight the challenges and what is needed for successfully developing a jetty and other marine infrastructure in heavy seismic areas.
* Sandwiches beforehand and drinks afterwards are offered with the compliments of BAM & Fugro.
* Registration for KIVI members opens at 17 January 2020.
* For non-members -if seats are still available- registration opens at 12 March 2020. From this date non-members can send their request to join this lecture to email@example.com.
* Until 17 March you can indicate with your registration if reserving sandwiches is necessary for you.
* After 17 March there may be a possibility to registrate -if not fully booked- but no sandwiches will be reserved for you. You will expected by 19.00h then.
If you have registered and unfortunately are unable to come, inform us via firstname.lastname@example.org as someone else can take your place.
Ramon Secanell Gallart, Senior Seismologist at Fugro
Marga Hoogvliet, Lead Geotechnical Engineer at BAM
Marco van den Berg, Advisor Maritime Structures at BAM