- Dit evenement is voorbij.
New nuclear in the Netherlands beyond 2030
29 oktober 2021 van 12:30 pm tot 5:30 pm
To limit climate problems caused by global warming, the Netherlands is committed to complete decarbonisation by 2050. This confronts the society with a great challenge and all creativity and all possible solutions will be needed to achieve this goal. A re-introduction of nuclear power in the Netherlands, next to other low-carbon sources like wind and solar could bring this goal closer.
The symposium will cover the following topics:
– The advances of nuclear, complementary to wind and solar, in the Netherlands
– characteristics and capabilities of the newest reactor designs, commercially available the coming 10 years.
– Both large reactor designs and Small Modular reactors will be discussed.
– Conditions needed to allow new nuclear in the Netherlands
The list of speakers is still in progress.
Organisation KIVI Kerntechniek in collaboration with Regio Oost en Students Twente.